Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Excuses for err, a messy home?

All quotes from the book – ‘A perfectly kept house is the sign of a misspent like’.
Fell in love with it. Had borrowed this book from the library and the two months I had it at home, it was a ‘comfort’ book especially during the stressful November-December months.

- ‘A perfectly kept house is the sign of a misspent like’
- At the worst, a house unkept cannot be so distressing as a life unlived
- Liberated from old-fashioned roles, we can now embrace our homes less with the housekeeper’s broom and more with the homemaker’s heart.
- I want my house to be comfortable, not perfect – Carter
- Don’t let the dust and dog hair get you down! Give yourself some credit for other things you do well.
- The most romantic bed in the world lies beneath an open window, where fresh breezes stir a sheer curtain and cool the lucky person who will lay his or her head on the awaiting pillow.
- My home is a mix of mementos that I got in places I enjoyed and want to remember – Oberto
- Clutter is a grand parade that follows us all our days from a playpen of toys…..to places we call home
- Try to clean up or at least neaten your primary work area before you leave for the day.
- Don’t let your inspiration overwhelm the job at hand
- To feel really free
- My studio space is where I can do what I want and feel really free – Nathalie
- Challenge – To make a home that my children would rather be in than anyplace else in the world, and to focus on important things and not spend a fortune
- I wanted this to be the house my children and their friends always wanted to come to.
- Comfort is born out of use, therefore the most comfortable houses seem to be the ones that have been lived in
- A nose for comfort
- …beautiful homes bring up beautiful people, in every sense of the word.

No comments: